Types of Water Fountains for your Garden
If you are in love with the idea of installing a water fountain in your garden this spring, but you’re not sure what kind of fountain would be best, consider the types of fountains listed below. Landscape Supply of Utah carries a variety of water features to suit your needs, and garden style.
- Wall fountain – This option maximizes space in your garden. Installed against a wall, a wall fountain won’t take up any ground space in the garden. This is especially ideal for a garden or yard with limited space.
- Container fountain–Simple and charming, container fountains consist of water streaming gently over the edges of some kind of container that may be like a large vase, pottery jar, ceramic plant pot, or novelty garden pail. The water can stream into a rock bed, or into another container, or simply pour into the container from a decorated fountain pipe.
- Spouting fountain – Adding a burst of energy and a captivating point of focus, spouting fountains spray water from a pipe. The water may spray upward from the center of a pond in a mist, raining down gently back onto the pond, or the water may spray like a jet in one focused direction tumblingback into the water as if it were being poured. With several pipes, the spouting fountain can be designed to make a pattern with the spraying water. Having the water spout from a fountain statue is another unique choice.
- Cascading or Tier fountain – This is a kind of fountain constructed with different levels or tiers. The water pours over from the top tier or level and cascades down over the edges of each lower tier.
- Plant fountain – This type of fountain can have a setup like any of the fountain types above, but with water plants as a main feature. The lushness of the water plants will add to the beauty and serenity of the fountain.
- Rock fountain – Putting rocks in any of the fountain types above will create an instantly calming effect. With the broad variety of rock shapes, sizes, and colors available, the aesthetic potential of using rock in your water fountain is truly great.
For premier Utah landscaping supplies, contact LSU today! Feel free to call with questions about any of our garden supplies including: water features, Utah landscaping rocks, decorative boulders, Utah bark mulch, gravel, topsoil, or our selection of plantnursery specimens.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016