Top Gardening Trends
Summer is in full swing and there are a number of gardening trends that homeowners are incorporating into their Salt Lake City landscaping. These trends include:
- Fragrance – Instead of focusing on flowers that do not have a scent, consider creating landscape themes that are abundant and rich with beautiful scents, including jasmines, lavender and roses.
- Variegation – While blooms are seasonal, evergreen variegated foliage will help keep a yard looking stunning long into fall and winter. Consider opting for variegated leaves that add powerful punches of green hues.
- Bulbs – Bulbs require planting in the fall, but many places will soon be accepting orders later this month. Bulbs are among the first blooms in the spring, adding a welcoming touch of color to any yard.
- Edibles – More homeowners are turning to landscaping that offers dual benefits. Consider adding touches of perennial herbs, such as thyme, lavender, oregano, chives and even Bright Lights Swiss chard or kale. Not only are these plants edible, they offer brilliant shades of spectacular colors.
- Old Fashioned Styles – Many people are embracing the return of yesteryear, opting for nostalgic plants such as hydrangeas, Russian sage, lavender, impatiens, moonflower and celosia.
- Animals – Consider planting plants and flowers that attract bees, butterflies and birds. Not only do these insects and animals offer pops of attractive color, but also they offer numerous benefits for plants and for the environment.
- Permeable Pavers – The latest pavers allow water to percolate through the surface, which in turn reduces unwanted runoff. These pavers are extremely attractive and functional, elevating any yard to an upscale design.
- Eat – Consider opting for bushes that are also edible, such as the thornless raspberry or thornless blackberry. Many berry shrubs and bushes come in dwarf sizes, which makes them ideal for any size of yard or even for patio gardening.
- Hanging Baskets – This year is about embracing large, overflowing blooms. Consider placing hanging baskets on a stake for added dimension to gardens or simply hang them from a deck or patio.
- Chickens and Gardening – More people are embracing having a homestead, which includes a natural approach to living. Whether it’s growing their own gardens, raising their own chickens or simply choosing green-friendly native plants, this concept is rapidly growing in the hearts of American towns everywhere.
Landscape Supply of Utah features Utah shrubs, Utah landscaping and even Salt Lake City snow removal. They have a wide assortment of bark mulch, topsoil, sand, decorative gravel, cobblestone, boulders, flagstone, feature elements and even a nursery. Their expert design team is available to help assist homeowners with a unique, functional design that meets their everyday needs.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016