Tips for Redesigning Gardens
When redesigning a garden there are a number of tips to keep in mind. A yard is constantly a work in progress, changing with the seasons and evolving year after year.
The best garden resolutions include:
- Mistakes – Always learn from last year’s mistakes, including the pros and cons.
- Start Off – Consider what plants need to be in sun, shade, sandy soil or peat moss. Be familiar with garden zones so plants thrive.
- Mulch – By mulching early, weeds have less time to grow. Consider mulching in the early spring before tender perennials pop up. This will greatly reduce weeds and help keep plants healthier.
- Organic Gardening – Using rich organic soil can help balance pest management. There are alternatives to pesticides, including using ladybugs for aphid management and different plants that when planted near one another help ward off pests.
- Shrubs – Today’s shrubs are textured and add much needed colorful pops to garden areas.
- Foliage – Choosing foliage that highlights a variety of textures and colors is an absolute must. While plants may not bloom all season, their foliage offers a stunning display of color throughout the year.
- Fragrant Flowers – Many plants don’t have scented flowers. Fragrant flowers attract a plethora of beautiful insects and wildlife, including butterflies, bees, dragonflies and birds.
- Containers – Container gardening is the latest trend. Some plants perform better in pots, including herbs and other plants that have more restricted, compact route systems.
- Vegetables Gardens – More than half the fun of a vegetable garden is reaping the productive bounty. Consider opting for plants that also double as great landscaping, such as kale, berries and Swiss chard.
- Plan Ahead – Consider opting for plants that bloom in various seasons. Some plants look spectacular in the spring and summer. Opt for plants that also bloom in the fall or winter to help even out and balance a yard.
Landscape Supply of Utah offers a well-stocked nursery, topsoil, sand, bark mulch, decorative gravel, cobblestone, boulders, flagstone, water elements and fire elements.
Their superb design center employs design experts that specialize in a variety of tiered designs. Consultations include basic planting notes, printed design copies, planting schedules, elevation drawings and even colored designs.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016