Summer Barbecue Planning
With Memorial Day just around the corner next month, people are beginning to plan their summer barbecues. As they focus on cleaning up winter’s leaves and pruning spring bushes, they are gradually getting their yards in tip-top shape.
Landscape Supply of Utah offers helpful tips for people to throw the best summer barbecues:
- Plan Ahead – Planning ahead allows hosts to enjoy their guests. Instead of frantic last minute yard work and meal planning, simply do a task a day for the week prior to ensure smooth barbecues where people can all mingle and have fun. Potlucks are a great way to incorporate an eclectic mix of food.
- Fresh, Fresh, Fresh – Fresh meat tastes better, as do fresh veggies and fruits, so celebrate the season and buy fresh.
- Cold Drinks – Remember to incorporate extra coolers into backyard or deck spaces, helping ensure everyone enjoys cold drinks on the brink of summer’s warm days. Remember to chill wine ahead of time and always buy extra ice.
- Games – Fun for both adults and children alike, having a wide selection of games offers enjoyable memories. Consider including hula-hoops, bubble wands, bocci ball, cornhole, volleyball, badminton or even an inflatable bouncy house.
- Bugs – Keeping bugs away will help guests have a much better time outdoors. Consider inexpensive options, such as natural insect repellant, mosquito shield bands, mosquito traps or citronella candles.
- Grill and Smoker – Breaking out the grill and/or smoker ahead of time to give it a thorough cleaning is worthwhile. Make sure the propane is full or the grill is properly hooked up to gas at the house. If using a charcoal grill make sure there’s a plentiful supply of briquettes and lighter fluid. For grills that require chips, make sure there is a plentiful supply of cherry wood or hickory prepared ahead of time for guests.
- Utensils – Long lasting quality is the best investment. Everyone knows stainless steel is far easier to flip burgers than trying to use plastic. Opt for high quality, as it will last a lifetime.
Landscape Supply of Utah features a nursery, including shrubs, conifers, deciduous trees, groundcover, perennials, grasses and other specimens. They also offer a variety of topsoil, compost, sand, Utah mulch, decorative gravel, cobblestone, landscape boulders Utah, flagstone, brick Utah pavers, outdoor fire features, water features, weed fabric, tools, gloves and lawn edging.
They also offer custom rock selectors, featuring a wide variety of colors, shapes and sizes. They have a detailed design center with landscaping professionals. These experts offer advance about creating complete landscape designs and outdoor settings that are inviting, peaceful and cohesive.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016