Planning for Spring
Spring is right around the corner! You are probably already beginning to think of what you need to prepare your lawn and garden for the new season. Here is some food for thought:
- Winter debris: if you haven’t paid your lawn any attention since fall, you may be surprised to find an accumulation of winter debris on your yard. This may commonly include leaves, branches, twigs, pine cones or acorns. You will have to remove them before beginning any kind of work on your yard.
- You will also want to remove any plants that have died over the winter, or parts of plants or trees that are dead.
- Seeding in needed areas. If there are areas of your lawn with damaged grass, or areas that have been stripped and exposed, you may want to do some reseeding. In other areas, you may want to add fresh Utah topsoil for coverage and planting or Utah mulch for retaining moisture in soil when you are ready to plant.
- Fertilizing and herbicides: It can be very easy to misuse fertilization and herbicide if you don’t have the appropriate information to guide you. Both can be very beneficial to a lawn, but only when used appropriately. Go to your local garden or lawn source to get appropriate information about when and how to fertilize your lawn and when and how to use relevant herbicides. Alternatively, consider using Utah compost instead of fertilizer this spring – the many benefits are well documented.
- Consider options like Utah landscaping rocks or gravel for aesthetics or for ground cover.
- If you are going to need several new Utah landscaping supplies for this spring’s yard work, it’s advisable to make a list of what you think you’ll need.
Landscape Supply of Utah aims to please our customers with great service and access to all the resources they need to landscape, decorate, clean up or improve their yards. A beautiful environment is your right. If you have any questions about our products, feel free to call us at 801-523-8962.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016