Summer is the ideal time to makeover a patio. Whether someone wants a Mediterranean garden, lakeside patio, old world style or a craftsman-style design, the number of options is virtually limitless. When planning a patio space, consider the following garden tips:
- Lush – There is nothing more inviting than lush plants gracing a tranquil patio. Visitors will love feeling enveloped by broad-leafed hostas, hydrangeas and ferns. Additionally, pots and pedestals can be added for additional height.
- Containers – Patios offer the ideal place for decorative container gardening. Whether it’s incorporating scented herbs or matching a variety of flowers with textured foliage, containers look fantastic on patios.
- Scents – While enjoying and relaxing on a patio, homeowners can enjoy beautiful floral scents, such as lavender, lilies and jasmine.
- Variegated Containers – Consider having containers be different, but matching. Rustic pots look stunning, as do pops of much needed colorful accents.
- Urban Garden – This highlights a minimalistic design that is complimented with very simple outdoor furniture. Consider adding living privacy fences and screens, including bamboo and other fast-growing plants.
- Drainage – All containers require adequate drainage or the plants’ root systems will rot. Consider incorporating a variety of materials and designs into container gardens, as this adds much needed texture to any patio area.
- Metal – The latest trend is metal containers. Not only are they versatile, but also if a galvanized design is selected, it will be rust-resistant. These are available in a number of styles and shapes, ranging from rustic to contemporary.
- Aquatic Plants – Consider adding aquatic gardening areas to pots around the patio. Water lilies thrive in water-filled containers, as do arrowheads and brass buttons.
- Wildlife – Near patios, consider planting plants and flowers that attract hummingbirds, bees and butterflies. This affords great entertainment, while also helping the environment.
- Artistic Style – If someone prefers more colorful designs, consider adding eye-catching containers and furniture that are brightly painted and accommodate bright, bold flowers.
- Color – Just by choosing colorful pots, a homeowner can ensure a bright pop of color year round.
- Veggies – Consider adding vegetable containers near the patio area. This makes harvesting dinner and herbs exceptionally easy.
- Eye-catching Centerpieces – Opt for boxwoods or spiral topiaries, as these add instant appeal and much-needed height to any backyard area.
Landscape Supply of Utah offers a wide selection of plants, fire elements, water elements, boulders, flagstone, decorative gravel, cobble, topsoil, sand and bark mulch. As a premier Utah landscaping company, they specialize in Utah waterfalls, Utah shrubs and Utah retaining walls.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016