LATE SUMMER PLANTS
As summer comes closer to its end, many flowers and shrubs that were planted earlier to the season will start to wilt and die. Many popular plants simply don’t last long enough to make it to summer’s end. It’s always a great idea to incorporate some plants that will stay healthy and lush all season long. So your landscape looks great no matter how late in the season it is. Here are a few flowers and plants that will do great later in summer than others.
1. Asters – almost all types of asters will do great well in to autumn.
2. Kniphofia (Green Jade) – This plant usually looks its best as other plants start to wilt in late summer.
3. Salvias – These plant have a very long flowering season
4. Lobelia Tupa – These plants usually last until September
5. Agapanthus africanus – This plant is evergreen and will last all year long.
For more tips or advice on planting feel free to get in touch with our nursery.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016