How Landscaping Makes a Home
Landscaping draws the exterior of a home together, making it blend with a home’s traditional, contemporary or unique design. Simply put, it helps add the finishing touches to the outdoor perimeter, giving it colorful splashes of life.
Consider the following tips before buying Utah landscaping supplies:
- Sunlight – Determine which areas of the yard provide full-sun, partial-sun, shade or partial-shade. This will help determine the types of plants that can successfully grow in these areas.
- Colorful Splashes – Did a homeowner incorporate a certain accent color throughout the exterior of the home? For example, if the designer added splashes of burgundy or eggplant purple, a homeowner may consider adding plants that compliment this color scheme, making the yard appear coherent and well-planned.
- Water Features – While striking and providing a calming sense of serenity, the proper plants must accompany water features. Additionally, the experts at Utah Landscaping supplies specialize in water features Utah, making it easier for homeowners to converse with specialists that can help create a unique focal point for any yard.
- Sidewalk Gardens – If a home has a sidewalk or walking area, there is no better way to add lively touches of color and spruce up this area than by adding plants and flowers that compliment this section.
- Container Gardens – Even for homeowners that have small yards, such as courtyard townhomes or condos, container gardens are a viable alternative to creating a much-needed backyard retreat.
- Plan, Plan, Plan – The key to creating a stunning, cohesive garden that is successful no matter what season is detailed planning. Homeowners can create their own landscaping plans, can consult with ready-made plans online or hire a professional who will take dimensions, lighting and soil types into consideration when planning the perfect outdoor sanctuary.
- Backyard Entertaining – If this is a homeowner’s primary goal, he/she will need a plan that will accommodate all necessary amenities, albeit it a stellar grill, outdoor kitchen, benches, fire pit, table space or even outdoor room areas.
- Family Backyard – These types of designs are great for families with young children that require play sets, sandboxes, vegetable gardens and teaching spaces. It can also provide a quiet space for children to read outdoors.
- A No-Mow Yard – Multi-color brick patios, paths, lattice top fences, and evergreen trees provide an excellent motif for a no-mow backyard – no to mention it looks far better than a barren wasteland of dirt and rock!
- Low-Maintenance Yard – This is when a regional expert is necessary, as he/she can help advise homeowners what types of native plants will look good, be hardy and require little water.
- Budget-Conscious – For the economical front-yard, there are a number of options, including permanent hardscape elements, adding lava rock, washed stones, or bark mulch as edging materials along the driveway. Boulders can also help cover bare spots, making a front yard look more hospitable. Terra-cotta pots are inexpensive, as are annuals and traditional perennials such as the black-eyed Susans, burning bushes and red-hot pokers. Curved beds automatically make a yard appear more finished and sophisticated, as does a decorative-style fence.
Whether a homeowner is looking for Utah compost, gravel, landscaping rocks, mulch, pavers, topsoil or landscaping supplies, the professionals at Landscape Supply of Utah is there to help homeowners create the yard of their dreams.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016