Jazz Up Your Garden this Spring!
As spring nears, you are likely considering new ideas for your garden. Maybe you are going for something different this year – establishing a new flowerbed, incorporating an herb garden, or simply changing the structure and appearance of your garden. There are endless ways you can jazz up your garden this spring, from adding a few changes here and there to constructing a new garden from scratch. Here are some points and items that may help you make a decision:
- Boulders. Boulders add instant aesthetic appeal especially when arranged harmoniously with the other elements of your garden. A boulder can add a sense of balance, create a point of focus, and add structure or physical support.
- Pavement and pathways. These not only provide areas for standing and walking but also add a decorative touch. Decorative flagstone, Utah gravel or river cobble can be used for this purpose with very attractive results.
- Form and surfacing. Utah gravel or river cobble can also give form to a garden bed, or serve as a simple, but beautiful option for certain surface areas of your garden. Stone walls and/or fencing can also create form while creating a uniform look and neat design.
- Decorative Utah landscaping rocks, when harmoniously designed can create a stunning effect.
- Soil. The quality of your soil is of optimal importance and affects the health and growth of your garden. Adding topsoil to your beds can help replenish overused soil and improve overall soil quality. Utah topsoil is also great for new plants and seeds, which need especially nutrient-rich soil. Also consider Utah bark mulch options to help prevent soil erosion and weeds while enriching the soil and retaining moisture.
- Ponds or fountains. Consider installing some element of water – water features add a wonderful ambience to any garden and the options in terms of style and design are endless.
- Extras. Extra items such as a birdhouse, wind chimes, or garden sculpture can add character to your garden, create charm, inspire a sense of well-being and (in the case of a birdhouse) make your garden a lovely place of activity.
These are just a few ideas – think about what you want to change this spring season and start envisioning your new garden!
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016