Things to Think About when Choosing Shrubs for your Utah Yard
Shrubs are a versatile plant type that can add different values to your Utah yard – texture, beauty, and function. They are diverse, help offer shade and privacy, soften hard landscapes and are hardy. Here are some things to think about when you are choosing shrubs.
- Climate. In Utah, shrubs need to be resistant to hot sun and dry weather, and need to be able to go for long periods without water. Also consider winter weather and your elevation. Shrubs that are native to Utah are your best bet.
- Location. Where in your yard do you want to plant shrubs? Before you buy your shrubs, you should have a well-thought-out plan about the placement of your shrubs. The chosen area should also be properly prepared.
- Purpose. Why are you buying them? Do you need more plant variety in your yard? Do you want to create a natural border? Or are you looking for additional privacy for your low living room windows?
- Maintenance. How much time will you have to maintain your shrubs? Fast-growing, tall varieties need plenty of attention and pruning. Other varieties will grow up to a low height or may not require as much pruning.
- Exposure. How much sun does your yard get? Consider the sun exposure requirements of your shrubs.
- Soil. What is the condition of your soil? What kind of soil do you have – loam or clay-like? Are you going to need Utah topsoil? Or Utah mulch?
Landscape Supply of Utah is a one-stop resource for all your landscaping supplies, whether you are looking for supplies to improve your home or place of business. Our supplies range from Utah landscaping rocks and decorative gravel to high quality Utah topsoil and compost. Whatever your needs are, we are happy to help you make the choices you need to complete your vision for your landscape.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016