Budget-Friendly Gardening Tips
Landscape Supply of Utah specializes in helping homeowners create stunning landscaping. They carry a superior supply of Salt Lake City topsoil, Utah bark, Utah gravel and a wide variety of Utah landscaping supplies. Their expert design staff offers recommendations for budget-friendly gardening design tips this season, including:
- Old Meets New – Blending a variety of styles has never been so popular. Consider blending Mediterranean and Spanish influence styles with modern, reclaimed wood furniture. Not only are these styles interesting together, they are extremely budget-friendly pairings.
- Zen Gardens – The latest trend in backyard designs is incorporating a meditation garden or room that highlights spectacular and colorful perennial plants, meandering walkways and lush grasses.
- Cop a Squat – Outdoor seating areas allow homeowners and guests to enjoy a yard’s beauty and design qualities. Outdoors is also a great place to de-stress and relax on hot summer days.
- Defining Areas – By adding statues or pergolas, homeowners can instantly define a section of the yard, creating a private, peaceful sanctuary for thought and reflection.
- Vintage Furniture – Patio furniture doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Consider using reclaimed wood for trellises to define sitting areas, while garage-sale bargain finds can offer instant seating with chairs and benches.
- Tropics – While not everyone can afford to vacation in the tropics, why not bring part of the tropics to a backyard oasis? Japanese fiber banana trees add an instant tropical vibe to any outdoor garden area.
- Entry Spaces – If a homeowner has an entry space that opens to the road, they may want to consider making this a private, usable space. Consider adding living walls of plants and open-style pergolas, which offer instant privacy and modern, functional style.
- Views – For yards that have sloping areas, consider cutting into a small hillside, adding a pathway with a bench and landscaping the sloped area. This adds a perfect focal point of tranquility to any landscape design and is ideal for hilly areas.
- Steps – For homeowners that wish they could meander through European gardens or visit pristine Japanese temple sanctuaries in Asia, consider adding pathways with old-style wooden beam posts to areas.
- Meditation – Meditation gardens don’t need to be expensive. By simply playing off a yard’s natural lighting and shadows, homeowners can add a private garden with a simple bench to promote peaceful relaxation.
Heights – Always consider how design elements are viewed. Humans see anything that is below knee-height from high above. Plants that are waist level appear to be seen more at an angle, blocking views of plants that are shorter. Anything that is considered shoulder or head height blocks a person’s view, while anything that towers over someone’s head creates a sense of seclusion and almost a perpetual canopy. These design items should be considered when selecting plants for landscaping. Combining a variety of heights is highly advised and leads to more attractive, mature landscaping designs.
- 13 September 2016
- 08 September 2016
- 30 August 2016
- 06 August 2016
- 19 July 2016